Thursday, December 10, 2009

Countdown till Christmas

Only 14 days left until Christmas day. Its unreal that it is already Christmas. Where in the heck did 2009 go? It came and passed basically at the same time. I know I'm going to try for next year is to stop and smell the roses and just enjoy what I have in front of me.
We are completely not ready for Christmas. Ashton & I talk every year that we are going to start early (like in September) and then never do. We usually say "should we buy this for so and so now" and then we usually say "lets wait next week" and then on and on it goes until like a week before Christmas and then we are scrambling trying to figure what we need to get. It stresses us out and we do it to ourselves.

This weekend (hopefully if its not too cold) go and see Santa's Village. Tristen usually enjoys it. Just last year we started our tradition that after we go see Santa, we go to Santa's workshop and make ornaments and cookies and play games and color. Tristen enjoyed it alot last year. Brooky was little and sat in her carseat basically the whole time. I'm hoping, if its not too cold, to do the sleigh ride. That looks like fun everytime we go the Santa's Village. I enjoy it every year. We go to the one in Fargo and have been since Tristen's 1st Christmas. I just want to keep that tradition going and keep the Santa spirit with Tristen and Brooky always.

We are going to try to actually go to church on Christmas eve this year. I'm actually excited because it is in the late afternoon and can get back in time for Christmas Eve at my parents. The "plan" is that we go to my parents for a little bit Before church then hopefully get the kids in a quick nap and off the church and then back to my parents and open presents. I think its going to be a good game plan, hopefully it will all pan out.

13 days and counting......................................

No comments: